Retro-direct light at high temperatures.
Specifications – High Temperature Retro-reflectors
Constant exposure to 900°F (480°C)
4″ x 4″ (100 mm x 100 mm)
Nominally .020 in. (.51 mm) with margins embossed to overall depth of nominally .060 in. (1.5 mm)
Matte silver-gray under ambient light
Rating is 500X times brighter than a perfectly diffusing white surface
Installation & Maintenance
Mount with screws, rivets, clips, or frame. In addition, the metal target can be punched as well as cut without impairing the reflective quality. However, reasonable care must be exercised in handling to avoid severe flexing as well as abrasion.
Condensates such as oil, grease, as well as smoke will degrade the reflectivity of the reflector. In addition, like all optical products, our retro-reflectors need to be kept clean in order to operate correctly as well as maintain reflectivity. Furthermore, any material applied to the front of the reflector will likely severely degrade the reflective properties of the target.
Cleaning of the reflective surface is possible to remove light contaminants, e.g.:
- Heavy deposits will likely not be removable.
- Clean target by wiping with a clean dry tissue or lint-free wipe.
- If soils, oils, as well as debris, accumulate that cannot be easily brushed or blown off, use a detergent wash with a water rinse.
- If oil, water, as well as debris are likely to accumulate, protect retro-reflective targets with a glass plate and seal.
Applications – High Temperature Retro-reflectors
Applications for retrolite retro-reflective targets e.g.:
- Injection-molding installations
- Industrial ovens
- Smoke detector systems
- Aluminum as well as steel mills
- Glass factories
- Heat-treating facilities
- Conveyor lines
- Paper as well as textile mills
- Safety interlock systems
- Space shuttle programs (NASA has ordered)
- Semi-conductor manufacturing equipment in vacuum environments