In-house manufacturing: from start to finish.
Manufacturing Services – Capabilities
Our contract manufacturing services range from providing specific process or assembly tasks using customer-supplied parts to supplying production quantities of quality turnkey assemblies. Moreover, by serving as the prime contractor, we control the factors critical to manufacturing success.
- Metallurgical expertise for both R&D as well as production
- Highly efficient use of R&D as well as prototyping budgets
- Problem-solving for product design as well as production issues
- Turnkey production from drawings and specifications
- Turnkey product design, prototyping, and production
- One-off to volume production
- Specific process or assembly tasks
- Processes, parts, assemblies, as well as complete products
- Production-oriented for efficiency, low costs, as well as high quality
- High, medium, as well as low-volume production and fabrication
- Design and set up of production line with all tooling
- Production equipment development
- Material and subcontractor sourcing, qualifying, as well as supervision
- Well-qualified materials suppliers and subcontractors
- Advanced testing and analysis equipment
- AS9100, ISO 9001, plus customer-specific QA standards
AS9100 Certified. ITAR Registered.
VPE has extensive in-house capabilities for quality assurance as well as testing and analysis. Furthermore, company philosophy demands that every VPE product and service exceed compliance standards. As a result, VPE has a proud history of meeting and acquiring the quality certification demands of the market.
VPE’s extensive in-house capabilities meet many exacting certification requirements specific to applications or customers e.g.:
- Medical implants
Manufacturing Services – Project Examples
VPE has been the manufacturer on the following projects e.g.:
- Aerojet Rocketdyne: reactive metal thermal processing
- Schilling: robotic assemblies for submarines used in the offshore oil industry
- NASA: Space Exploration as well as Lander programs
- Major aerospace contractor: engine fire sensors
- Major medical device corporation: ceramic to metal heater assemblies
- Fortune 10 corporation: Homeland Security assemblies
- Applied Materials: electrostatic particle accelerator tubes.
- Isolate Extraction Systems: Co2 extraction heat exchangers
Equipment & Facilities
VPE provides over 150,000 square feet of design, lab, manufacturing, as well as quality assurance space for your contract manufacturing program.
- Vacuum brazing furnaces
- Aluminum vacuum brazing furnaces
- Hydrogen furnaces
- Thin film coating systems
- Induction & infrared braze systems
- Diffusion bonding furnaces
- Hot pressing furnaces
- The world’s largest vacuum hot press
- Machine shop
- Quality assurance facility
- Coordinate measuring machines (CMMs)
- Laboratories – cleanroom as well as clean environment
- Welding cells
- Cleaning lines
- Assembly lines
- Materials testing & analysis lab
- & more!